- Jesus said to his disciples: "Things
that cause people to sin are bound to come, but woe to that person through
whom they come.
- It would be better for him to be thrown
into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one
of these little ones to sin.
- So watch yourselves. "If your brother
sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.
- If he sins against you seven times in a
day, and seven times comes back to you and says, 'I repent,' forgive him."
- The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase
- He replied, "If you have faith as small
as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted
in the sea,' and it will obey you.
- "Suppose one of you had a servant plowing
or looking after the sheep. Would he say to the servant when he comes in from
the field, 'Come along now and sit down to eat'?
- Would he not rather say, 'Prepare my supper,
get yourself ready and wait on me while I eat and drink; after that you may
eat and drink'?
- Would he thank the servant because he did
what he was told to do?
- So you also, when you have done everything
you were told to do, should say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done
- Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled
along the border between Samaria and Galilee.
- As he was going into a village, ten men
who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance
- and called out in a loud voice, "Jesus,
Master, have pity on us!"
- When he saw them, he said, "Go, show
yourselves to the priests." And as they went, they were cleansed.
- One of them, when he saw he was healed,
came back, praising God in a loud voice.
- He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked
him -- and he was a Samaritan.
- Jesus asked, "Were not all ten cleansed?
Where are the other nine?
- Was no one found to return and give praise
to God except this foreigner?"
- Then he said to him, "Rise and go;
your faith has made you well."
- Once, having been asked by the Pharisees
when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God
does not come with your careful observation,
- nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There
it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."
- Then he said to his disciples, "The
time is coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man,
but you will not see it.
- Men will tell you, 'There he is!' or 'Here
he is!' Do not go running off after them.
- For the Son of Man in his day will be like
the lightning, which flashes and lights up the sky from one end to the other.
- But first he must suffer many things and
be rejected by this generation.
- "Just as it was in the days of Noah,
so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man.
- People were eating, drinking, marrying and
being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood
came and destroyed them all.
- "It was the same in the days of Lot.
People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building.
- But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur
rained down from heaven and destroyed them all.
- "It will be just like this on the day
the Son of Man is revealed.
- On that day no one who is on the roof of
his house, with his goods inside, should go down to get them. Likewise, no
one in the field should go back for anything.
- Remember Lot's wife!
- Whoever tries to keep his life will lose
it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.
- I tell you, on that night two people will
be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left.
- Two women will be grinding grain together;
one will be taken and the other left."
- [Two men will be in the field; one will
be taken and the other left.]
- "Where, Lord?" they asked. He
replied, "Where there is a dead body, there the vultures will gather."